Today’s modern gas logs offer homeowners a variety of options and styles that will fit any application and home decor. Whether just a simple set of logs in an existing hearth to an elaborate set of logs on a bed of rocks, no matter your style, Bantly Hardware has a solution to fit your needs.
Gas logs comes in two options: Vented and Vent-Free:
If you already have a functioning wood-burning fireplace, vented gas logs may be better suited to you if you are looking for a more wood-burning look.
- Benefits: They have a higher efficiency and higher quality air – average of five times more efficient than traditional fireplaces. Vented Gas Logs are also easy to install.
- Fire Characteristics: Vented Gas Logs produce a yellow, smoky, wood-like flame, so they must be used in a fireplace with a working chimney.
- Type of Heat: Less heat than ventless logs; probably won’t heat your room.
Since the flames do not touch the logs, vent-free gas logs do not need a functional chimney or flue. That means the heat stays in your home.
- Benefits: very efficient because all of the heat being produced by the Vent Free logs stays in the room and burn less gas than Vented gas logs – approximately half to two-thirds.
- Fire Characteristics: do not have quite as realistic appearance, compared to the Vented gas logs.
- Type of Heat: Vent Free gas logs are designed to be a supplemental source of heat and there are codes governing where vent free products can be used and how many BTU’s they can burn within the home.
Brands We Trust
Bantly Hardware has partnered with some of the best brands out there to provide trusted solutions for our customers.